In today’s installment of our cannabis edibles recipe series, we decided to add a cannabis twist to a delicious recipe we found for an amazing vegan burrito bowl!
Let’s get cooking!
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed (short grain/arborio or long grain/basmati recommended)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil
Lime marinated kale
- 1 bunch curly kale, ribs removed and chopped into small, bite-sized pieces, then lightly steamed in a perforated double boiler
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Avocado salsa verde
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced into big chunks
- ½ cup mild salsa verde (any good green salsa will do)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves (a few stems are ok)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Seasoned black beans
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (or 4 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or ⅓ cup chopped red onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- Hot sauce (optional)
Step 1 – First, let’s get the rice cooked. Begin by washing the rice, preferably with filtered water. Next, bring a pot of water to a boil, (water volume should be 3x the volume of the rice) then add the rice.
Boil the rice uncovered for 30 minutes, strain out the water, then place the rice back into the pot.
Now add your salt, and your cannabis-infused olive oil to the pot, and stir until evenly distributed and fluffed.
Step 2 – Prepping the cannabis-infused salad dressing. In a medium mixing bowl, combine and whisk together the lime juice, the cannabis-infused olive oil, diced jalapeno, cumin spice, and salt.
Once the dressing is fully mixed and emulsified, add your freshly steamed kale and allow it to marinate for 15min in the fridge.
Step 3 – Blend the salsa verde. Combine the avocado chunks, salsa, cilantro, and lime juice and blend on a high setting for 15 to 20 seconds.
Step 4 – Make the beans. In a medium saucepan on low heat, add 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused olive oil and allow the oil to come to a temperature appropriate for sautéing. Add shallots, and the garlic first and lightly sauté until you can smell the aroma of roasted garlic, then add the beans, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Cook the ingredients down until they’re slightly softened, turning the mix often for even cooking. This process should take about 5 to 8 minutes, max.
Do not use high heat as it will impact the potency of the cannabis oil.
If the mix seems dry, add a light splash of filtered water to rehydrate the mixture.
Step 5 – Serve and enjoy!! To plate this dish means using your creativity to make it look to your liking. You can arrange the ingredients however you think looks most presentable, and if you aren’t strictly vegan, we recommend you add a garnish of goat feta cheese – it goes great with burritos and tacos alike!
Note: If you need cannabis flowers to make a batch of cannabutter or an infused oil, visit our store page today and pick your favorite buds!